Thursday 15 August 2013

Update On Life

I nearly started off this blog post saying "not much has happened since I last posted" but that is a complete lie. One major thing that happened is that it was my 18th birthday and I was surrounded by my friends and family that I love lots and lot! I had an amazing day/night and cannot thank everybody enough for that. My main present was my skydiving which was in one of my previous posts so all in all I had the best 18th birthday ever and I want to be 18 forever! I need to fly away to Neverland so I never have to grow up now. 

The day after my birthday me and my friends received some absolutely devastating news and that is that one of my close friends was diagnosed with breast cancer. She'd known for a while about the lump but the doctors had completely missed the fact there was cancer inside of her which is pretty rubbish of them but I guess at least it is found now. She is only 18 years old and it's so shocking for someone of such age to be diagnosed with that type of cancer however, her age is on her side and me and my friends are going to be by her every step of the way.

Today in England was results day. Now for most people them receiving good results would mean getting A's B's and C's but after my ordeal with how A Levels went for me, anything above a U is good. I started off in the first year with two U's (two fails) but they allowed me to carry on into the second year and I really kicked myself up the arse and got my brain into gear. The two subjects I picked which I get U's on were Psychology and Sociology and I did really struggle with them as I'm not that good when it comes to exams and both these subjects were fully exam based with no coursework what so ever. So in the end with getting C's and D's on each modules of the exams I came out with C,D,D which I am proud of for myself and my abilities.

Tonight I will be going out to celebrate with all my friends as they've all got into the uni's they wanted and I'm so proud of them all! One of my friends did even better than she thought she would and is now completely changing the course she wants to do to something harder (crazy!!) It's a shame one friend can't be celebrating with us tonight but she is in our thoughts and well on the way to a speedy recovery as nothing in her boob will get the better of her as I won't let it.


So proud of her! xxxx

1 comment:

  1. And your family is proud of you too Jess!! We are right by your side whenever you need us.
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete