Sunday 21 December 2014

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

Most people who live outside of England assume that we all know & have experience the rush of London however that is not the case. I've been to London twice now, the first time I barely remember the nitty gritty detail as I was young at the time and it was a lot to take in. This time round I wasn't been dragged around to specific places and doing activities at set times, this was all what I want to do, when I want to do it.

I spent 3 days & 2 nights in London last weekend and I could of slept for a week when I got back, I did so much fund stuff and had such a good time. 


The main reason I went to London at the time I did was to visit Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park and I highly recommend it to anybody who is visiting. It's certainly more of a fun fair style Christmas market than a food & gifts one but it is certainly a fun experience. However, the above picture is showing you a glimpse of inside their beer tent which was such a surreal but amazing experience. The size, the lights and the atmosphere just made the whole experience incredible and I could of comfortably sat in there all day. We arrive at Winter Wonderland early afternoon and didn't have to queue to get in and the good thing is once you are in, you're in.






Now near where I live the Disney store is very basic, there is Disney songs blasting out and you can buy all sorts of merchandise but the London one has life size characters of all well known Disney Characters and it certainly makes you feel like you're in a magical place.


I just saw this photo opportunity as the weather was so lovely.




I had an absolute blast in the M&M store, I ended up buying an M&M mug just for the sake of buying something. (Yes, I'm a marketers day dream)



One thing I wanted to do while in London was to go ice skating and my original intent was to go do this at Winter Wonderland but it was unfortunately booked up so we had to look elsewhere and I'm so grateful we did as we had the most amazing Christmassy setting at Somerset House. We got straight on the ice without booking, there was Christmas songs playing out loud and with the weather looking out as it was such a nice surrounding.

I did a lot more while in London but these are just some snippets of things I did do and I highly recommend them all to everyone if you go to London around the festive period.

Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment