Monday 8 July 2013

Prom Nails

The very final school celebrations arrived and I hadn't really planned on doing anything exciting with my nails, I was just going to coat them in a simple pale pink/nude colour to match my bag and shoes however after downloading the 'Beautylish' app on my iPhone and scrolling through the nails section, one design really caught my eye - Nail Caviar. 

I thought I'd give it a go, it looked pretty simple, really effective and eye catching. So I popped down to Boots and found a Nail Caviar kit which was perfect.

I also purchased a L'Oréal Nail Polish in White. To begin with I used this white as a base coat and put it on all my nails.

Once that had dried the next step was to do the caviar. In my Nail Rock kit was some glue and silver/white micro beads. The next step was to put a layer of the Nail Rock nail vanish on my nails, this acts as a glue for the beads so there is no need to let this dry. I did this one nail at a time, I coated my nail in the glue and then dipped it into the micro beads. This step is very messy and the beads go everywhere so I recommend putting a plate underneath to keep the mess together.


 And here is my final look.



All the products I used


 I was really pleased with how they turned out and they got lots of compliments at prom however when I awoke the next day I found that the majority of the beads had fallen off, therefore it didn't really last long but it's a great look for a one off on a night out.

4 comments:

  1. that looks so pretty!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin'

    ps. check out my new givaway to win a goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these look so pretty!

    http://hussx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete