Wednesday 26 June 2013

Scarecrow Festival

Every year, the village I live in hosts a 'scarecrow festival'. This is where people from the community get creative and make some fun and exciting scarecrows and I have to say as bad as some of them were... they were all pretty good! The photos were taken on my iPhone so the quality isn't that brilliant but here is a few of the scarecrows that we saw.


This was actually a buffalo or something? But for any Pretty Little Liars fans out there you will understand the reason for the face!
Not quite sure what was going on with this one.. it was one riding a bike and I'm not sure if by the time we had got to it, it had been damaged or if it was actually meant to look like somebody had crashed into a tree. I was rather fascinated by the 'Groovy Chick' bike because as a child I was OBSESSED with Groovy Chick! I didn't even know it existed anymore.
Hehehe I got stabbed

Awww, a dinner date with Kermit and Miss Piggy!
'GO COMPARE'
Had to get a picture with Postman Pat since there is also 'Jess the cat' sat on top of the postbox!

Overall there was around 80 scarecrows placed around the village and it was a really fun day and for once the weather wasn't too bad for Britain so the day wasn't spoilt by rain. Because as you will know, if you live in Britain it is impossible to organise an outdoor event without having to cross you fingers for good weather!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like so much fun!
    and the weather looks decent too!

    BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | Facebook | Twitter
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had a lot of fun :D
    Would have loved to go ♥

    Khadija x
    P.S. Also check out my blog for a giveaway as I would love if you could enter, Thanks
    http://www.foreverglamx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jess,

    I'm taking the freedom of leaving you a comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today's fashion luxury brands, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, it would be of much much help :)
    Here the link of my survey: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2SJRFPJ
    Thank you very much!

    Lou ♥

    Ps: I'm jealous of your hair, so long

    ReplyDelete