Friday 24 October 2014

Halloween is Fast Approaching...

I can't believe how far through the year we are already. I always feel that as soon as Halloween arrives, it's pretty much Christmas.

My favourite thing about this time of year is how festive everything is. How easy it is to decorate rooms of the house to fit in with the season. There's so many quick and easy things you can do/buy to complete transform your house and it's totally acceptable to do so. The one thing I love the most is that we can transform ourselves as a person for one night, we can wear a silly costume and paint our faces to an extent we would never dream of on any other day.

Some things I highly recommend doing on Halloween for people over 18 has got to be the Scarefest style events that are put on throughout the country. Last year I went to the Yorkshire Scareground near where I live and it was honestly a very terrifying experience. The whole idea is well thought out and put together, with plenty of things to make you scream and jump from guys jumping out at your with chainsaws to women telling you they want to cut off all your hair.

This year, I'm not actually doing anything spectacular for Halloween and I think it may just be the first year I'm not actually getting dressed up. I'm spending this year visiting a historic city where I will be participating in a ghost walk which I guess will have added spooks due to it being Halloween.

Despite the fact I'm not going to be getting in to character this year I still had a little play around with some make up for the fun of it.

I watched a girl on youtube called 'Pollyanne B' where I copied her latest video on a cat inspired Halloween Make up Tutorial. My picture doesn't do the make up much justice but I have to admit I was very impressed with the finishing look and it's something that's so simple to do, it's just all about the dramatic eyes. If you want a simple go to look for this Halloween I highly recommend her video.


What's everybody else doing for Halloween this year?

Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment