Monday 24 November 2014

Glossy Box - November 2014

I cannot believe it's November already. This time next month I'll be sat with the family getting stupidly excited that Christmas is just a mere few hours away!

Since we've passed the middle of November that means my monthly Glossy Box has arrived.

There was nothing special about the decoration of the box this month, just their standard plain pink box with the logo on the top centre.


I did receive a 'personal invitation' from Best Secret which is a card that holds a value of £20. I'd never heard of Best Secret and I'm currently unaware of how else you would get an invitation or card to sign up for it. As I've only just opened this all up today and not actually got round to looking into this yet, from what I can gather it's an online website that sells thousands of different designer clothes at discount prices. What everyone needs really!


So onto what was inside my November Glossy Box. The first thing I picked out of it was a pencil eyeliner which is perfect as my current one is on the blink of running out and I hadn't got round to purchasing another. That's the one thing I love about Glossy Box, I always seem to get an item of make up I need just as my current one is running out which means I get to give the product a full test instead of using it once and forgetting all about it.


It's from the brand 'Lollipops' who I've not previously heard of before. The concept of it is a simple one - the black area on the end twists to extend the size of the pencil meaning you don't need to have a sharpen. The colour of this eyeliner is 701 - Goodbye Moon.







Personally I prefer eye liners that I can sharpen as I like to create a precise line and I find this a little too blunt once used to do so. My previous eyeliner I used glided on really easily and gave an instant black line, the Lollipop one I find doesn't give the same effect, given the eyeliner is black it takes a few runs over my eye before it actually starts to look black. The good thing about it is that it does stay on and doesn't smear down my face.



The next thing I pulled out my box was this '2True Sparkles Nail Glitters'. Now I've not actually tested this out as you can see from my previous blog post, I'm currently trying out stick on nails as I find them a lot more hassle free. I personally don't think I will use these sparkles, I struggle as it is to take nail varnish off of my nails as I cannot stand cotton wool, I'm not sure what it is but it makes me cringe like crazy. Due to that I tend to just use already soaked pads and take it off that way but when using them to take off glittery nail varnish it just seems to stick and rip the pad in a way that makes me cringe and my teeth go slightly funny. I'm weird I know. But for those who do like glitter on their nails, this seems a nice idea but I can imagine it getting slightly messy.


The next thing I got was something that I will definitely use! I'd just recently been moaning that I don't have any lip gloss to just wear on a daily basis. I've already started using this Burt's Bees Lip Shine and I have to say I love it! It's my favourite thing in my box this month. It feels quite thick on the lips but just gives off a nice shiny glow to everybody else. It's got a tiny of red to it, therefore adding colour to my lips. It stays on for a decent amount of time before needing to re apply and leave my lips feeling healthy and moist.



These next two items I haven't tested yet as I'm currently in the process of trying to find a product that works for my face and I don't want to start mixing and matching products until I can pin point the one that does eventually work. I know doubt will get round to giving these a go but they aren't high in my priority list right now. Also the Hawaii Facial Treatment Oil is for Normal combination skins but I feel my skin can get quite oily recently so I'm not sure how well that will work for me.

I have enjoyed this months Glossy Box due to the fact there has been 3 full size products in there. It was also a nice surprise to receive a gift card from Best Secret. I do recommend Glossy Box's to try as they really open your eyes to all the different brands that are out there and sometimes the brands you have never heard of are the ones that might have your favourite product!



No comments:

Post a Comment