Tuesday 14 May 2013

Here Flushy Flushy Flushy.

So on bank holiday Monday I purchased Fishy for my fishbowl. What a pigs ear that was!

It quickly became clear that my original fishbowl wasn't ideal for holding an actual fish. The water immediately became murky and I knew something wasn't right. I washed and rinsed the gravel a hell of a lot of times, washed the no fishing sign but it still didn't solve my issue of murky water. 

It was apparent that this fishbowl is not healthy or ideal for my little Fishy. The small opening at the top meant that there wasn't enough air circulation and poor little Fishy was becoming starved of oxygen! I then went out and purchased a plastic fishbowl with a grey plastic rim to go around the top. This was definitely a lot more convenient and Fishy was transferred quickly into this bowl and immediately looked ten times happier. I thought that was going to be it but oh no...

Fishy then began to swim at the top of the bowl making bubbles and what seemed like gasping for air. I wondered what this was and after a bit of googling and reading 'THIS IS NOT A GOOD SIGN' I panicked and after looking around found these oxygen tablets to put in his bowl. So I did exactly what it said and it seemed to do the trick, Fishy was back to the bottom of the bowl pretty content. My mum came into my room Monday morning and said to me "Wahey Jess, you've had Fishy a week, you've proved everyone wrong."(Nobody thought I could last a week with a fish) I turned round to her and said the day isn't over with yet. It seemed my pessimistic attitude was right. Fishy was back up to the top of the bowl gasping for air. Not only that but the pinch of food I had put in Fishy's tank was untouched and I knew something wasn't right. It seemed like whatever I would try, nothing would help Fishy and I just began to assume that Fishy enjoyed swimming to the top and making bubbles. 

It always seemed to be the yellow flakes that Fishy never ate so I put some other coloured flakes in the bowl thinking Fishy might eat them but he left them untouched. Later on on Monday night I went upstairs and had a quick check on him and it was quite a shock to see Fishy laying sideways at the top of the tank. However, his mouth was slowly opening and closing and the little bit of hope I had left in me I put straight to use. I turned to my dad and said "We can revive him!" We filled up a bowl of water, put some fish treatment in and scooped Fishy out with the net and into the bowl of water. He floated straight to the top and laid on his side. It was a sad moment as Fishy laid there. 

It was a fun week that I shared with Fishy and I feel devastated knowing Fishy was suffering but I feel it was out of control.


R.I.P Fishy 
Obviously with only lasting a week I have lots of Fish food and also two fish bowls. I attempt to give it another shot and I am going to purchase Fishy ll. I have done a little more research into Goldfish buying and it seems a lot of Fish don't survive as they are all ridden with diseases when you purchase them.

No comments:

Post a Comment