Tuesday 7 May 2013

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy.

For a while now I've been working on my bedroom. I was aiming for a 'beach' theme so chose bluey colours to work with. I got so far and ran out of ideas and what to do next and trying to keep it with my beach/union jack theme (there seems to be a lot of union jacks in my room). I finally decided on a little feature which was going to be a traditional fish bowl. After 'fishing' around for one I finally found one that was the perfect size for my room.
It obviously doesn't look much there but that was my starting point. I then needed to fill the fish bowl with something that was going to add a little colour too it.

Now my room is swayed towards pastel colours so I choose to buy some light pinky/purple gravel to fill the bottom of the fishbowl to liven it up a little. But it still looked pretty empty and needed a little feature inside it so after a little looking around for different things to put inside it I found this sign that says 'no fishing' on with a friendly looking shark just chilling in front of it. 

After sharing these ideas with my friends they all had the same reaction.. "Won't it just look like your fish has died?" Which was a valid point to put forward. After taking it into consideration I thought maybe a little goldfish wouldn't be too much trouble to have swimming around in a friendly little tank, so off I trotted to Pets At Home to buy a fish however, their policy is that I need to have a filter for my 'tank' so they wouldn't allow me to have a fish and I had to therefore go to my local garden centre where they sell fish and bought one from there. 
The pinky/purple gravel
'No Fishing' Sign

I am a little worried that Fishy may be lonely though and may have to purchase another fish to keep Fishy company.


Happy Swimming!

Fish Bowl - Marks & Spencers
Gravel - Pets At Home
'No Fishing' Sign - Pets At Home
Fishy - Local Garden Centre


No comments:

Post a Comment