Tuesday 11 June 2013

A Stroll In The Park

School if officially out for me now, Monday 10th June was my final exam I was to ever sit. The past few weeks have been rather hectic for me which lots of things going on in my life causing my head to feel like it was about to explode. So as a sort of celebration of my freedom and also to make the most of the glorious British sun we've recently been having me and my friends went for a stroll around Pugney's Country Park. It's basically a large lake but it looks pretty cute when the sun is shining down on it. It's one of them places that when you are there, you feel far away from home and it's so peaceful, feels like you are away from the real world.

At certain times during the day there is a little train that takes you around the park for a small fee however, we were too late for the train but we did go to the little station which has a great view of the lake.


It's a great place to go for a run too, the path is flat and the trees provide you shade and there are also picnic benches nearby so you could have a lovely picnic in the sun however, you have to be careful of the birds that may come and attack you.


As you get about halfway round the lake there is a viewing shed. It is completely black inside which little slits that you can look out of, they provide a great view of the lake and it's a great photo opportunity.




It was certainly very peaceful and a nice getaway for a few hours of the day. There are plenty of people doing water-sports on the lake during the day too. There are plenty of places which provide great photo opportunities and just a short walk from the lake there is a castle ruins which is also fun to go look round, explore and climb. Overall it's just a peaceful, relaxing, fun place for people of all ages!

3 comments:

  1. I love the park, but my allergies are stopping me from going:( You have a cute blog, anyway to follow?

    Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now posted a follow button on the sidebar :) ♥

      Delete